On December 29th we held a spontaneous manifestation in front of the initial reception center Nostorf-Horst to protest against the racist complete lockdown of the camp. About 20 people have gathered in the parking lot in front of the facility. We expressed our solidarity with speeches in several languages.
Here you find our statement for the press.
Statement of someone living in Horst
What people in Horst already said 10 years ago
Why we make this manifestation
Why the Shutdown is racist
Why nobody seems to care?
What needs to change
- Horst has to be abolished in general!
- The racist laws have to be abolished!
- We need IMMEDIATELEY transfer for all of you!
- We need to raise awareness for the situation of you people here! We will be happy if some of you decide to speak up and contact us after this manifestation.
- We have to make sure, that the fundamental right of equality applies for everyone here - there are no exeptions and no excuses!
- We need to find more ways to show solidarity for each other and speak up for injustice, also when it is not targeting us directly!
- And last but not least: We have to understand, that we can only overcome racism, when we show unity! We can only be free, when every single person is free.